Adequate hydration is vital because your body consist of 60% water. There are 4 main benefits for drinking water. A person’s water intake need varies by age, activity level such as exercise and weight, medical conditions, and environment (hot or cold weather). Drinking water health benefits promotes health. Make sure drink some water to hydrated yourself after you exercise, if you sweat excessively, if you have fever, after vomiting, or if you have diarrhea. According to the Institute of Medicines’ Food and Nutrition Boards’ recommendation, women ought to drink about 11 cups of water daily, and men about 15 cups. So drink up!
Drinking Water Health Benefits
The main reasons you need to drink more water is because it helps your body to:
• Maintain a normal body temperature
• Get rid of the body’s wastes products through sweat, urine, and bowel movements.
• Lubricate and cushion joints
• Digest food by assisting in the breaking down of food, and also in the transportation, and absorption of nutrients.
There are other benefits for drinking water but these are the main 4.
Sources of water
We’ve learnt that drinking water health benefits are a required for healthy living. The good news is that your don’t have to drink only water in other to meet your total daily fluid requirement. The soup, tea, milk, juice, other liquids and all the fruits and vegetables you consume daily all count towards your total daily fluid intake. However, bear in mind that other fluid sources such as juice, ice tea, and soda can be high in calories and sugar. That is why water is the best source for hydration. You can drink your water plain or add some fruits to it to make your own flavored water. I do not recommend the use of commercial water enhancer. Making your own flavored water is very easy and healthy for you too.
Here is my favorite flavored water recipe.
You can turn a plain glass of water into a delightful drink of flavored water in a second; it’s so unbelievably easy.
• First of all, cut the lemon in half. Cut a few slices of fresh lemon from one half and add it into a big glass or jug of water, and then squeeze in the juice of the other half.
• Cut an orange in half also and squeeze in the juice.
• Gently mash up a handful of strawberries then add it to the glass or jug of water and stir.
• Add a few slices of cucumber for some extra vitamins, color, and extra flavor.
• Finally add some ice. You can always add some water to adjust to taste if you like.
• Voila you’ve just made your own flavored water. Pour your self a glass and enjoy your refreshing, re-hydrating, and delicious home made flavored water.
Drinking your vegetables
Do you know that fruits and vegetables such as, cucumber, cauliflower, spinach, broccoli, watermelon, oranges, grapefruit, and cantaloupe all contain more than 90% water? Including fruits and vegetables to your daily meal is a guaranteed way of increasing your fluid intake. Juicing vegetables have a lot of health benefits. It is also a great source of fluid intake, so if you are not juicing your vegetables yet, get on board.
Remember, hydration is necessary for a healthy body so stay hydrated.
For more info watch this video by Dr. Willie Ong explaining The Correct Way To Drink Water.