A healthy skin is really one of the most important ingredients for beauty-enhancement. This article on skin care tips is an effort to bring the 10 best skin care tips to you. The list of skin care tips has been restricted to 10 because anything more than that would not only be difficult to remember, but also shadow the more important skin care tips. So let’s see what these top ten skin care tips are:
Skin Care Tips
1. Do you know your skin type? Knowing your skin type is one of the most important skin care tip. This is important because skin care products are made specifically for different skin types. In fact, all skin care products specify the type of skin they are meant to be used for.
2. ‘Drink a lot of water’. This will not only keep your skin moist and hydrated, but will also help in the overall upkeep of your health (and in turn your skin). It might seem a bit awkward to some people, however, this is an important skin care tip.
3. Cleanse your skin regularly (1-2 times every day). A very effective skin care tip that helps in getting rid of the dirt and other harsh elements from your skin. Cleansing is especially important when you have been out of your house (and hence exposed your skin to pollutants, dust etc.). the use of Luke warm water for cleansing your skin is recommended because hot and cold water can both cause damage to your skin.
4. Be gentle, after all it’s your skin. handle your skin with care, don’t scrub/exfoliate too hard or too often. Similarly, don’t apply too much or too many skin care products on your skin. A must-to-follow skin care tip.
5. Keep your skin moist at all times. This is one of the most important skin care tip. Don’t let your skin get dry. Dryness causes the outer layer of your skin to break, leading to a rough and unattractive appearance. Use moisturizers/ emollients.
Do you know that moisturizers work best when applied while the skin is still damp? well now you know. so always moisturize your skin as soon as you come out of the shower, while its still damp.
6. Avoid the use of soap on your face. Soap should only be used from below the neck. A small but important skin care tip.
7. Use sunscreen to protect yourself from sun’s harmful UV radiations. You can use day-time moisturizers that have sunscreen built into them. Use them even when it’s cloudy. UV radiations are known to cause skin cancer, so follow this skin care tip without fail.
8. A bit of exercise and good sleep are essential too, not just for skin care but for your health as a whole. Lack of sleep can lead to formation of wrinkles below your eyes and lack of exercise can cause your skin to slack. Moreover, exercise and sleep also help in beating stress. So besides being a skin care tip, this is also a health care/ healthy living tip.
9. Treat skin dilemmas with care. This skin care tip is about not ignoring any skin dilemmas. Consult your dermatologist before you go on to use a skin care product (lest you do end up harming your skin even more).
10. Beat the stress. The harmful effects of stress are known to everyone, however, sometimes stating the obvious is essential too (and hence this skin care tip found its place here). Yes, stress harms skin too. So, take a break or indulge in a warm bubble bath or just get good sleep.